If you’re looking to get into the world of towing, here are some tips on how to get started. After reading this article, you’ll be well on your way to getting those contracts!
What Is Towing?
Towing is the act of moving a vehicle or heavy object that isn’t in motion by a tow truck. Towing is usually used to refer to being towed on land and may be performed by a private individual or a commercial business, subject to regulation. You should get into the world of towing because it’s an excellent way for someone without any experience or qualifications to start their own business.
What Kinds Of Contracts Are Available For Towing Companies In San Jose?
The kinds of contracts available for commercial towing companies in San Jose are roadside assistance, tow-away, traffic control, vehicle recovery and more.
The roadside assistance contract comes with a team of professionals that can be reached at anytime for help with anything from a flat tire to a lost key. You will also have the opportunity to provide onsite repairs as well as 24 hour towing service. The tow-away contract provides towing service for your customers without any need to call ahead of time. Traffic control services include guiding through traffic and providing an escort for clients who are traveling through areas that may be congested. Vehicle recovery is for when your customer’s car has been broken into or stolen and you need professional help locating it as well as securing it for the owner.
How Do You Start Getting Contracts In The First Place
In order to start getting contracts, you need to first think about what type of contracts you are interested in obtaining. If you want a roadside assistance contract, then that means that any time someone calls for help with their vehicle on the side of the road, they will be directed to your company for assistance. Here are some tips for getting started:
– Start by networking with tow truck companies in your area. You’re almost guaranteed at least one or two connections that can get you started.
– Ideally, your friends and family will know people who own businesses. It’s worth asking them if they would be willing to hook you up.
-Start by building a list of connections by following social media pages of tow truck companies, including Instagram and Facebook.
– If that doesn’t work, drive around at night and look for people in distress on the side of the road.
– If you feel comfortable, pull over and ask if they need help, and offer your services.
– Don’t bother calling from your own phone. Use a Google Voice number instead. People are more likely to respond if they don’t think their personal information is going to be sold to telemarketers.
– If someone responds positively, ask them if they would prefer your number be added to their contacts or stored in their phone.
– If you have a website or business card, make sure they get that information and bring it with them if they need roadside assistance in the future.
– If a customer has a bad experience with your service, ask them for their number and call them back personally to explain how the situation was handled.
– Referrals are one of the best ways for you to acquire new customers. Ask anyone who has received great service from you if they would be willing to give you a reference.
If you’re looking for ideas on how to get started, take a look at this informative article about how to get started in the world of roadside assistance. We hope that these tips will help you find success with your business and we wish you luck! If all of this sounds intimidating and you want help enacting these principles, let us know.